Deck Design & Installation in Norwich, Bozrah, & Nearby Areas
Transform your outdoor living space with a durable, well-built deck
A backyard deck creates the perfect space for relaxing & entertaining. We design & build the deck you want with quality materials.
A well-planned deck design can transform your yard into an area for relaxing and entertaining. A deck is also an affordable way to expand your living space. Creative Enclosures will work with you to design and build a deck that fits your exact needs. We can install a ground-level, raised, or multi-level deck that compliments your landscaping and the style of your home. We offer a wide range of materials to choose from, including wood and low-maintenance composite decking. We build decks using only the best quality products from leading manufacturers.
Call us at 1-844-309-5457 or click below to request your design consultation and get a free quote for deck installation in Norwich, Middletown, Bozrah, and surrounding Connecticut areas.
Choose your deck material
Vinyl decking products are available in many forms, including hollow extrusions and cellular (solid) products. Hollow extrusions are frequently used for both decking and railings. On the other hand, cellular products enable manufacturers to create decking products with a more wood-like appearance for those who want a more natural look to their deck.
Why Choose Vinyl: Vinyl decking products are now available in styles that look like wood but won't warp, splinter, rot, split or blister. Dirt can be washed off with a sponge and hose or with a pressure washer. Vinyl is a durable, low-maintenance option that will provide long-lasting quality.
Composite decking, aka engineered wood products, come in a bewildering number of variations. Some offer solid boards while others are hollow. Some are "capped" or "co-extruded" with a layer of PVC while others are not. Some require multiple components for assembly while others are more like building with wood. What is common to all is they are made with recycled fibers, plastics, and binding agents.
Why Choose Composite: Like vinyl decking, composite decking is pre-finished. Composites create the appearance of real wood decks, but they don't need staining or painting and require little maintenance. Dirt can be washed off with a mild detergent and a hose. Composites are environmentally friendly, too. Up to 95 percent of materials used in manufacture are from recycled sources. They include materials as diverse as wood flour, rice hulls, and plastic containers.
Wood is the traditional material for building decks, with pressure-treated Southern Yellow Pine being the most popular. Many of our customers choose pressure-treated wood for its affordability and longevity. For those who want the most natural look, cedar is the ideal choice because it naturally doesn't absorb water and won't twist or split.
Why Choose Wood: Wood can be crafted in a wide variety of styles and painted or stained in an infinite number of colors. The initial cost of a wood deck is significantly less than a vinyl or composite deck. Properly constructed and maintained, it will be quite durable and will last for decades. In addition, wood can withstand high winds better than other materials. Unlike petro-based materials, wood, if sustainably harvested, is renewable.
Frequently asked questions
What deck services do you offer?
- Deck design
- Deck construction
- Deck repair & restoration
- Deck railing options
- Deck framing
- Wood decking
- Vinyl decking
- Composite decking
What needs to be considered when building a deck?
- Siting: There are many considerations, including your home's floor plan, orientation to the sun and prevailing wind, landscaping, and utility locations.
- Size and shape: Decks are often thought of as distinct outdoor "rooms." There may not be any walls, but your deck may need to accommodate a cooking area, a dining area, a spa area, and a lounging area.
- Traffic flow: For decks upon which a variety of activities take place, it's important to plan for traffic flow.
- Railing styles: Railings are often the first thing you notice about a deck! Let us help you chose a type that suits your home and landscape - and that ensures the safety of your family and friends.
- Privacy: We can offer solutions to homeowners who want privacy and have close-by neighbors, including trellises and pergolas.
- Comfort: A deck isn't going to get used when the sun is blistering hot or when it's raining. Ask us about roomy retractable awnings that provide protection from the elements without cluttering up the deck.
Ready to build your ideal deck? Contact us for a quote!
If you can dream it, we can build it! If you're considering adding a deck to your home, give us a call or fill out our contact form to get started with your free estimate. We are Southeastern CT's home improvement and deck experts serving Norwich, Middletown, Bozrah, Windham, New London, Vernon Rockville, Storrs Mansfield, Willimantic, Montville, Westerly, and the surrounding areas.
Looking for a price? Get a no cost, no obligation free estimate.